Thursday, August 25, 2011

Spiritual Spa #7: Eater's Digest!

“Are you so dull?” Jesus asked. “Don’t you see that nothing that enters a person from the outside can defile them? For it doesn’t go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body.” (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods clean.) Mark 7, 18-19

Dear family in the Lord!

Today I will let you in on a very personal issue of the last week! Guess what I'm going to talk about? Exactly, food (eventhough it's not gonna be very appetizing...)!

Let me list, starting with last Saturday, what I ate out of the ordinary (and there were always reasons (including craving, convenience, courtesy) why I made the choices that I did):

Saturday night, eating out in a restaurant: Fried Shrimp with sweet potato fries + mayo.

Sunday staying at my in-laws: Deep fried french fries and chicken fat nuggets + mayo.

Monday, my friend shared her order with me: 4 slices of cheese Pizza with extra garlic sauce + extra garlic sauce (the artificial one!).

Tuesday: Left overs of cheese Pizza with extra garlic sauce. 


So, by Wednesday I ended up feeling bloated and unhappy.

By Friday I thought I have an appendix bursting within me and need to go to a clinic. 

Fortunately I saw my Chiropractor Friday night, because I was suffering a pain in my back moving to the stomach and back that I had NEVER known before. My Chiropractor is a wise man, knowing the relationship of nutrition and the overall physical well being. He tested my organs and told me that I have rotting food in my intestines. Well great, I thought, here I go telling my gentle readers to do all about as I say but not as I DO!! The Chiropractor gave my organic supplements eating the indigestible leftovers for the peace of my body.

I choose to share this with you. Us authors about nutritional advice are still human. Struggling  just like you to make the good choices. And subject to bad consequences just like you. That last week I ate like a "real American". And it made me sadly aware of the kids of America that have to get used to this kind of food THE HARD WAY because their parents or guardians might just not know better (or don't care enough).

Let's go back to Mark 7 and Jesus describing accurately what food is supposed to do. It is supposed to go into the stomach and then leave the body. In the spiritual sense Jesus expresses a truth that I admire and that changed my life. He responds to the law-loving pharisees and teachers of the law that a law cannot change the heart. And God is all about the heart of a person. You can go through all the motions you think make you a "christian", but without a surrendered heart it is all in vain. Jesus compares the effect the fallen world should have on us to the intake of food: We receive, we deal with it, we don't allow it to become a part of us, we get rid of it. Jesus was truly the master of not being defiled by anything that came at him, even though he was human like us.

What did he do differently than all the rest of man-kind? Well, let me give you an example, someone treats you badly, how do you naturally react? You're upset and might curse the person back or judge them harshly in your mind. If someone sins against us, it never justifies a sinful reaction. It makes it "understandable", but it doesn't make it right in God's eyes. That is why nothing from the outside can defile us. It will only defile us, if we allow it to enter our heart, stay in our system. Jesus said to turn the other cheek. Outwardly and inwardly. Forgive right away and love in return. Ask God to fill you with that love, you need to, because this kind of a lifestyle is truly supernatural. Don't let what Satan throws at you stick. Expose his schemes and clean yourself asap with the blood of Jesus. We are truly made righteous and daily more and more holy for the purpose of a life that would be a testimony to everyone around us.

Now let's talk food again, what if the food we eat lost it's natural composition and it won't leave you anymore? Three main meals per day are meant to mean: three times per day food leaving the body. HOW MESSED UP IS TODAY'S FOOD!! You eat it and it does not want to leave you naturally. That's what I was delighted to experience on your behalf (or alongside you) so that we can all learn :)

Did you actually know that a healthy, well eating human goes to the bathroom 1/2 hour -3 hours after eating a meal? If that isn't you, do you have a clue why not?

As always it comes back to nutrition. Let me introduce you to a really, really great friend on our journey to more understanding and health. FIBER! Fiber is an indigestible carbohydrate. But in this case it is a very good thing. Fiber will fill you up in a healthy way, keep you saturated longer, exhilarate the digestive process, is connected to weight loss and counted to help prevent you from all sorts of sicknesses. Do you know when God created fiber? Well, it was on the day he created the plants of the ground, the trees with the fruits and the grains on the fields. God loves us! Praise the Lord!

There is no significant amount of fiber in any of the foods I consumed out of the ordinary that significant last week. And it didn't help that I still had vegetables or fruits during that week. I was occupied. It was like being terribly sinned against and instead of forgiving and leaving it behind, I held on to it as if I was able to change anything about it. Now, can you envision better, who is behind all the processed foods (enriched or white flours, sugary drinks or juices, prepared meals etc.) that lack life preserving nutrients like fiber? I think of "him" as a "Joker" (from Batman the Dark Knight) type of a guy. He presents you the world as he sees it, deceives you into his perspective of despair and has you choose his way of dealing with it. In a microcosm example I could see the CEO of a food company go through some kind of a thought process like:
"We want to make food. We want people to buy it. We want to make a lot of money. Money will feed our families and keep us going. We need to find ways to make the process of creating dishes cheaper. Everyone would do this. FDA approved those cheap ingredients. Granted, we funded some FDA programs. So people might get sick. We have to get lawyers to protect us from getting sued. Oh well. I HATE HUMANS!!!"

Dig the love of God! Eat the fiber foods! Choose 100% whole wheat (NOT ENRICHED, please read labels!!!!), brown rice, beans! Add pears and prunes to your daily diet. Consume all sorts of vegetables with every meal. You can google high fiber foods and will be astound how easy it would be to have the recommended 20-35grams of fiber and give your digestion and health a boost!
Now go forth and think of the Garden Eden! Claim back the lost grounds in the name of Jesus!

Be blessed abundantly!



No comments:

Post a Comment